GC |
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

--Amber---

Go down

--Amber--- Empty --Amber---

Post  Melchior 03.07.09 5:19

Name: Amber

--Amber--- Amberhud

Height: 5'8

Weight: 114

Ability: Can communicate on a telepathic level with animals

About: Amber's beginning was boring and uneventful, as it is for most children. She learned how to walk and talk at about the same age as most children, though she picked up reading and writing with suprising speed. Though her eyesight was remarkable, even at night. Her parents joked that she was part cat. Life was wonderful to her. She had many friends, and was always happy. But at the age of twelve, her happy life fell to pieces. But one day at , while she was at school, her Uncle snapped. He went to his sisters house, Amber's mother, and shot both her Mother and her father, turning the weapon on himself afterward. She came home ready to tell her parents about her day, running through the door and into the kitchen with excitement. She had been advanced a grade. "Mom! Dad! Guess..... Mom?" It took a few moments for the truth to set in, and she was numb with shock. "U-uncle Richard?" She fell to her knees, tears spilling down her cheeks and dripping on her pants. She screamed, and screamed, and screamed till her throat hurt from the effort, and still she screamed. Her neighbor, who was close to Amber and her family, ran to the front door to make sure everything was okay. Her name was Megan. Seeing this, her motherly instinct kicked in first, taking Amber outside to comfort her before calling the police. Amber was curled into a ball on her lawn, lost in her own emotions.

She was never the same. She spoke with a saddened, monotone voice. Constantly she would wake herself up in her sleep, either screaming or laughing. She was an emotional wreck. Her other Uncle and aunt had taken her in, and thought the change of scenery would help. But it didn't. Her quiet, reclusive nature pushed people away, and eventually she stopped talking all together. Her life took another spin one day when her guardians set her down for a talk. "Amber, listen to us. I know things have been hard, but you're still okay. You need to live, be young. You're a sixteen year old girl and you never go out, you never do anything." "We think you need to start going out more. So you're not allowed in this house from the hours of Four till Seven. Understood?" She didn't bother responding to them, she just stood up and walked out. There was a forest near-by, her new home being in almost the middle of nowhere, and she decided to get lost in it.

Two hours later she realized she really was lost, and she sat down on a fallen log. Her hands went to her head as it lowered, and her eyes closed. 'Are you okay?' She opened her eyes slowly, blinking. Was she hearing things? Were the kids at her school right? Was she crazy? 'Human. What is wrong?' She looked up slowly, and her eyes widened as she looked into the eyes of a bear. For the first time in two years words came from her lips. "Are you... talking to me?" Her voice sounded unfamiliar, something new. Her voice had changed, and it was softer, quieter, yet more serene. 'I am. It appears that I was right about you.' This is it. I'm going crazy. She shook her head, and closed her eyes for ten seconds. If the bear was still there, she decided, she would talk to it. Ten seconds later her eyes fluttered open, and she was slightly suprised to see the bear sitting in front of her. "So... You're a bear, huh?" 'Obviously. Are you okay?' She scratched her head. "Well, I AM talking to a bear..." 'You have a gift. You are a friend of the animals. Have you noticed how you don't seem to fit in with the rest of your race? It is because you are different.' She sat there for a moment, taking this all in. A bird landed on her shoulder, and tilted its head. 'Heya. Hey there. A human? So you can 'speak', huh? Nice nice. Gotta go gotta go!' And just as fast the bird was gone. She was astounded. 'Come with me.' She bear said to her, and she followed.

What she heard she couldn't believe. She was meant to be an animal, but she was born a human instead. But she was born without evil in her. Her thoughts and feelings were pure. She went to the adoption agency the next day, looking for a dog, and sat down with two of them to talk with them. The workers thought she was a little insane, but let her do her thing anyway. It wasn't any of their business. One of them dogs was mean spirited, having a large dislike for humans or anything to do with them. But the other was like her. Her parents were taken away from her when she was little, only four months ago, and Amber fell in love with the husky. She adopted her, naming her Serena. Serena became her best, if only, friend. They would have long conversations about how the world worked and why people did what they did. Her Aunt sat her down again for another talk not too long after. "We noticed you've never had a boyfriend..." Amber shook her head. "I'm not interested in boys, Auntie." Her Aunt shook her head. "Does that mean.... you like girls?" Amber shook her head again, and her Aunt sighed in relief. "Boys, girls, what does it matter? I haven't found anyone I can connect with. It's pointless." Her Aunt's relief vanished instantly.

Her guardians became worried. They were glad she started talking again, but she mostly only spoke to her dog. They were wondering if she was insane. When they awoke to Amber chatting with a bird outside at six in the morning in nothing but her over-sized T-shirt, they decided she needed help. The took her to a mental institution, and when she realized this she freaked out. She wouldn't let them take her. She wasn't crazy. She knew she wasn't crazy... That's when she started to question. What if it was all in her head? What if her brain was tricking her. What if there was never a bear? What if Serena was just a dog, not her friend? She hadn't realized she was still freaking out, and she was in a straight jacket. "Maybe... I am..." Were the last words she muttered before retreating into herself, abandoning her conscious mind.

Three days passed. She was still in her padded room, curled up in the corner with a sad smile stuck permanently on her face. 'Hey. I remember you!' Her head flew toward the window to her side, her eyes widened. It was a blue bird, the first bird she had ever talked to. 'What'cha doin' in there? You look mighty uncomfortable' "No.. you're not real..." 'Sure I am! I'm right here, aren't I?' "Go away.. you're just in my head..." 'Whatever you say, girly.' The bird left her alone.

Four more days pass. 'Wake up. Wake up!' Slowly her eyes opened, and she was disoriented. It was dark, but she could clearly see the two squirrels as they hopped onto her knees. 'Hold still. We'll save you!' "....I'm dreaming..." She murmured as the rodents nibbled through her straight jacket. 'Almost there... got it!' "It's fake..." The straight jacket fell loose. "It can't be real..." She stood up slowly, and her arms fell to her sides, free. She pulled the restraint off, and her eyes widened. "No way..." 'Run!' She heard a click as the door unlocked, and a man with a white coat walked into the room. "Just checking up on... Amber?!" The two squirrels jumped on the man's face, and she ran. Barefoot, with only her white coat on, she ran out of the hospital and into the woods. She ran and ran and ran, for almost an hour she ran, finally making it back to her house. She blinked as a bag with her clothing sticking out of it sat in the back yard, with a furry shape curled around it. "Serena?" The furry thing's head lifted up. 'Amber?!!?!!' The husky bounded over to her, and Amber knelt down, laughing quietly as she hugged her friend. "I missed you so much.." 'I missed you too, Amber. I'm so glad you're back.' She buried her face into Serena's fur, and her life brightened. 'I gathered you're things. I couldn't get the zipper thing, though.' "Thank you..." She changed out of the coat and into her favorite outfit. It was mostly green, which was her favorite color, stuffing the coat into the bag before zipping it closed. 'There are others like you.' Amber smiled. "Where?" 'I don't know...' Serena hung her head, but Amber placed a gentle hand on her head, and scratched behind her ears. "Then we'll just have to look, won't we?" Serena nodded, and they both started walking, the beginning of her new life. The beginning of her freedom.
Melchior
Melchior

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum